Axoguard Nerve Cap®
Axoguard Nerve Cap is a proprietary small intestine submucosa (SIS) matrix designed to reduce the development of symptomatic or painful neuromas.
nerve cap innovations
- Reduces the development of painful neuromas.1
- Material gradually incorporates to create a physical barrier to the nerve end.1
- Ideal for anatomic areas with limited or no musculature.
- End tab facilitates anchoring the device away from the surgical incision and mechanical stimulation.
- to order, obtain more information or report adverse events
contact axogen customer care:
- see sizing info below
at 12 wks
reduced painful response to mechanical stimulation in a preclinical model1
bifurcation to exhaust outgrowth
INDICATIONS FOR USE: Axoguard Nerve Cap is indicated to protect a peripheral nerve end and to separate the nerve from surrounding environment to reduce the development of symptomatic or painful neuroma.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: This device is derived from porcine source and should not be used for patients with known sensitivity to porcine material. Axoguard Nerve Cap is contraindicated for use in any patient in whom soft tissue implants are contraindicated. This includes any pathology that would limit the blood supply and compromise healing or evidence of a current infection.
Axoguard Nerve Cap should not be implanted directly under the skin.
NOTE: This device is not intended for use in vascular applications.
|AGT215||2 mm x 15 mm|
|AGT315||3 mm x 15 mm|
|AGT415||4 mm x 15 mm|