Axoguard HA+TM Nerve Protector
Axoguard HA+ Nerve ProtectorTM (HA+) combines a remodeling extracellular matrix base-layer for long-term protection with a short-term resorbable hyaluronate-alginate gel coating for enhanced nerve gliding and minimization of soft tissue attachments.
- Resorbing HA+ gel layer provides short- and long-term protection during the critical period of scar formation.1,2
- Extracellular matrix layer vascularizes and remodels into the patient’s own new site-specific tissue.1
- Double-sided HA+ gel coating to reduce friction and enhance nerve gliding through traumatic tissue beds.
- Nerve can glide through tissue bed throughout healing without attachment to adjacent soft tissues.2
- Formulated for optimized handling and flexibility of surgical application—quick hydration, flat sheet configuration and is easy to suture if needed.
Applications suitable for Axoguard HA+ Nerve Protector include:
- spinal accessory nerve after neck dissection
- radial nerve laying on metal plating for humeral shaft and olecranon fractures
- ulnar nerve during a cubital tunnel release or transposition
- median nerve through the carpal tunnel
- traumatic injuries of the sciatic nerve
- common peroneal nerve after tibial plateau fractures
- tibial nerve through tarsal tunnel
indications for use
INDICATIONS FOR USE: Axoguard HA+ Nerve Protector is indicated for the management of peripheral nerve injuries where there is no gap, or following the closure of the gap.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: Axoguard HA+ Nerve Protector base membrane is derived from a porcine source and the lubricant coating is composed of sodium hyaluronate and sodium alginate. The Axoguard HA+ Nerve Protector should not be used for patients with known sensitivity to porcine, alginate, or hyaluronate materials.
NOTE: This device is not intended for use in vascular applications.
|1 cm x 2 cm
|2 cm x 2 cm
|2 cm x 4 cm
|3 cm x 6 cm
|4 cm x 8 cm