revolutionizing the science of nerve repair™
Axogen (AXGN) is the leading company focused specifically on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. We are passionate about helping to restore peripheral nerve function and quality of life to patients with physical damage or discontinuity to peripheral nerves by providing innovative, clinically proven and economically effective repair solutions for surgeons and health care providers.
Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Physical damage to a peripheral nerve, or the inability to properly reconnect peripheral nerves, can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling, or the initiation of pain.
Axogen’s comprehensive portfolio of products focuses on helping patients touch, run, feel, kiss, smile and hug—some of the many things healthy peripheral nerves allow us to do.
- Exclusive focus on innovative solutions for peripheral nerve repair and protection
- Comprehensive product portfolio addresses 900,000+ procedures
- Addressing a $2.7B+ current market opportunity
- “Five Pillar” Market Development Strategy delivering double-digit growth
- Solid balance sheet provides resources to execute business plan
- 80% Gross Margins
- Significant barriers to competitive entry including IP, regulatory strategies, and a growing body of clinical data
- Strong management team with track record of commercial success
- Long-term expansion potential beyond current applications
about the nerve repair market
Axogen is a pioneer in the regenerative medicine market, with a product portfolio for peripheral nerve repair. Our technologies provide an option for surgeons to reconstruct injured nerves without the comorbidities associated with an additional surgical site. Our products are used primarily by reconstructive plastic surgeons, hand surgeons, and oral and maxillofacial surgeons in a wide variety of nerve repair surgeries.
Based on research and analysis, U.S. markets for the repair of damaged peripheral nerves exceeds $2.7 billion. Axogen is actively targeting these markets and exploring expansion into additional markets and nerve repair technologies.
Current Targeted Nerve Markets (U.S.) >$2.7 Billion
U.S. procedural estimates remain >900,000*
- Trauma: >700,0001,2,3,4
- Carpal tunnel revisions and cubital tunnel: 130,0005
- OMF: >55,0006,7,8
- Breast neurotization procedures: 15,0009
$2.7B estimate does not include pain
*Papers include OUS studies.
our current focus
- Extremity trauma
- Breast neurotization
- Carpal and cubital tunnel revision
- Oral and maxillofacial
Future potential expansion opportunities for Axogen include podiatry, prostatectomy, head & neck and the surgical treatment of pain.
Axogen will continue to work with leading surgeons and researchers to further translate research into products that improve the standard of care for patients with physical damage or discontinuity to peripheral nerves. We will continue to expand our platform and develop new nerve repair applications where we believe we can bring meaningful solutions to current clinical challenges.
explore our products