Avive® Soft Tissue Membrane is a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that can be used as a resorbable soft tissue covering to separate tissue layers. Avive® Soft Tissue Membrane is provided sterile and in several sizes to help surgeons meet a variety of surgical needs.
Avive® Soft Tissue Membrane has the following key advantages:
- Minimally processed to preserve the natural properties of umbilical cord amniotic membrane
- Comprised of umbilical cord amniotic membrane which is up to 8x thicker than amniotic sac alone2
- In animal studies, Avive® Soft Tissue Membrane stays in place for at least 16 weeks.2
- Easy to suture or secure
- Conforms and stays in place at the application site
- Chorion Free-reducing the likelihood of immune response1
- Room temperature storage simplifies inventory management
Avive® Soft Tissue Membrane is processed and distributed in accordance with US FDA requirements for Human Cellular and Tissue-based Products (HCT/P) under 21 CFR Part 1271 regulations, US State regulations and the guidelines of the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB). Additionally, international regulations are followed as appropriate. Avive® Soft Tissue Membrane is to be dispensed only by or on the order of a licensed physician.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
Avive® Soft Tissue Membrane is processed umbilical cord intended for homologous use as a soft tissue covering.
Avive® Soft Tissue Membrane is contraindicated for use in any patient in whom soft tissue implants are contraindicated.
1. Burman S, Tejwani S, Vemuganti GK, Gopinathan U and Sangwan VS. Opthalmic applications of preserved human amniotic membrane: A review of current indications. Cell Tissue Bank 2004; 5: 161-175).
2. Data on file.