AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is focused on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling or the initiation of pain. Injuries to peripheral nerves can significantly impact the patient’s quality of life.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix ("ECM") coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments and Avive™ Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a soft tissue covering to reduce inflammation and scar tissue formation. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AxoTouch™ Two-Point Discriminator and AcroValTM Neurosensory & Motor Testing System. These evaluation and measurement tools assist healthcare professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and several European and international countries.
AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with nerve injuries.
The AxoGen Clinical and Translational Science Team exists to identify, develop and drive nerve repair solutions to market. We do this by understanding our customers’ needs through direct interaction and market analysis, actively and accurately conveying those needs into product definition and development in collaboration with Sales and Marketing, Regulatory and Operations, creating scientific and clinical evidence and communicating the evidence to our customers.
The Project Coordinator is a key Clinical and Translational Sciences position and will have the responsibility of assessing, planning, executing, and implementing projects for the departments. Specifically, this position will support the company’s business objectives within an established budget and timeline. The position will report to the Vice President of Clinical and Translational Sciences and support functions across the department.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated success and progressive experience in managing projects in a dynamic work environment
- Orientation towards delivering on goals and being part of fast-moving, collaborative team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills with various levels of management and demonstrate the ability to manage differences and needs between multiple stakeholders
- Willing and able to travel domestically to respond to the needs of organization
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required
Job Responsibilities: The specific duties of the Project Coordinator include but are not limited to
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Prepare effective and timely written and verbal communication for specific Clinical and Translational Sciences projects
- Department project reviews packages: organize meetings for approximately 2 weeks in advance of review meeting, compile all necessary information from each department to prepare presentation packages (Microsoft PowerPoint); organize periodic management reviews to ensure accuracy and flow; send electronic and physical copies prior to review meeting along with the meeting agenda and any necessary supporting documents and/or material
- Department project meeting based on predetermined schedule no later than two months in advance; book hotel/meeting location, make all meeting and hotel room arrangements for all AxoGen and external attendees; negotiate and execute contracts; make dinner reservations as necessary, ensure proper organization and set up room including breakfast, audio/visual equipment, break refreshments and lunch (if requested); prepare conference call for any attendees who cannot physically attend meeting but wish to call-in
- Assist in coordinating of both domestic and international meetings and projects department
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls and business appointments including all travel (air, hotel and car) arrangements for CTS Leaders
- Manage day-to-day execution of assigned projects and scope
- Support departmental budget reconciliation with key stakeholders in CTS and Finance
- Effectively communicates relevant project information up and down the organization
- Occasional overnight travel required
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Organize team and consultant webinar content and facilitate evening calls
- Conduct regular status meetings with project team
- Coordinate new hire onboarding
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working condition. Coordinate and assist with logistics for home office training for sales organization
- Manage electronic and physical filing system ensuring security and confidentiality
- Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and SOPs
We are seeking candidates that will complement our company culture:
- Respect is the foundation for communication and action.
- Patient safety is our first priority.
- In being effective stewards of the gift of human tissue.
- In creating and maintaining a company culture that encourages and rewards honesty, openness, passionate debate – and fun!
- Individual ownership and empowerment lead to superior team results.
- The organization, its members and partners must consistently achieve agreed upon results with flexibility and mutual support.
- Speed is critical!