AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is the only company focused specifically on the science, development, and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. We are passionate about restoring nerve function and quality of life to patients with peripheral nerve injuries by providing innovative, clinically proven, and economically effective repair solutions for surgeons and health care providers. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling, or the initiation of pain.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix (ECM) coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments, and Avive® Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a resorbable soft tissue covering to separate tissue layers and modulate inflammation in the surgical bed. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AcroVal® Neurosensory & Motor Testing System and AxoTouch® Two Point Discriminator. These evaluation and measurement tools assist health care professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip, and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and several other European and international countries. AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with peripheral nerve injuries.
The Marketing Communications Manager will work under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing to develop, lead, and execute marketing communications programs to achieve company-wide sales and marketing objectives. This will include the implementation of marketing communication activities through interaction with Business Development, Product Marketing, and Sales to enhance the position of the AxoGen vision and capabilities in the Peripheral Nerve Market. The individual will oversee the creation and execution of global and regional multi-channel campaigns, tradeshows and all aspects of the company’s fulfillment needs to best achieve goals as outlined together with key stakeholders in the division. The successful candidate will supervise and direct the workflow of marketing and public relations, facilitating interdepartmental communications, and managing external communications. Their expertise will allow them to allocate company resources to maximize collaboration, efficiency, and creativity in the building and maintenance of consistent branding and messaging within the sales and public relations channels. They will also be responsible for staying up to date on industry trends.
The Marketing Communications manager role will help drive the public's perception of our products and brands, directing the cross functional creation of internal communications as well as web and social media presence.
Job Responsibilities: The specific duties of the Marketing Communications Manager include but are not limited to
- Create and implement plans to increase market share
- Commission or conduct market research in collaboration with Marketing colleagues
- Oversee market data analysis and evaluation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams – from creative, IT and production to product marketing and legal to produce effective promotional materials
- Coordinate with and manage agency partners
- Create marketing presentations for stakeholders
- Produce, distribute, and implement marketing collaterals, communication, and promotional materials in support of our marketing communications strategies that effectively describe and promote our products and brands
- Develop powerful communication that helps to build emotional connections with employees and our customers
- Leverage content marketing strategies to drive top-of-mind awareness
- Work closely with business unit subject matter experts to define marketing communication objectives and develop strategy to effectively communicate with specific audiences
- Partner with internal groups to assure integrated marketing communications activities
- Partner with Senior Business Analyst to refine, implement, and execute marketing KPIs and ROI
- Obtain necessary consent and provide final approval on all marketing collateral, products, and promotions
- Develop schedules and maintain deadlines
- Manage all aspects of the company’s tradeshows, budgeting, schedules, and execution of the shows
- Drive efficiency in the fulfillment process to enable seamless dissemination of company’s collateral materials
- Ensure appropriate reporting of all Clinical reprints to include appropriate dissemination
- Ensure that all collateral materials are in appropriate supply and managed
- Collaborate with Marketing and Investor relations groups to ensure companies website presence is appropriate and maintained
- Own, update, and monitor web content as it relates to patient PR, brands, and products
- Create in collaboration the companies Social Media strategy to include policy and communication
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues to define the Value Proposition for key products
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor degree. MBA is strongly preferred
- 8-10 years of experience working in healthcare sales, marketing, and Public Relations
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent eye for design and delivering messages in a clear, concise way
- Demonstrated ability to manage the creation and distribution of marketing communication collaterals to extend existing branding
- Knowledge of both the creative and curious thinker
- Experience working with marketing agencies, media buyers, public relations, and digital marketing
- Experience with event marketing
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with simultaneous experience with rigid timelines and budget management skills on multiple projects.
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven record in developing direct reports and talent progression
- Willing and able to travel domestically up to 50% of the time to respond to the needs of the customers and organization
We are seeking candidates that will complement our company culture:
- Patient safety is our first priority.
- Respect is the foundation for communication and action.
- In being effective stewards of the gift of human tissue.
- In creating and maintaining a company culture that encourages and rewards honesty, openness, passionate debate, and fun!
- Individual ownership and empowerment lead to superior team results.
- The organization, its members, and partners must consistently achieve agreed upon results with flexibility and mutual support.
- Speed is critical!
Location: Alachua (Gainesville), FL
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus annual bonus and equity
Training: Extensive training on nerve repair, market and professional education support will be provided to successful candidate
Application: Qualified candidates should submit to HR@AxoGenInc.com their
(2) Cover letter, and
(3) Salary requirements