AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is focused on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling or the initiation of pain. Injuries to peripheral nerves can significantly impact the patient’s quality of life.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix ("ECM") coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments and Avive™ Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a soft tissue covering to reduce inflammation and scar tissue formation. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AxoTouch™ Two-Point Discriminator and AcroValTM Neurosensory & Motor Testing System. These evaluation and measurement tools assist healthcare professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and several European and international countries.
AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with nerve injuries.
This position handles internal and external customer inquiries, concerns and inputs direct sales orders with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism. Customers include surgeons, hospitals, surgery centers, and distributors. Offers alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customer’s business. Handles transactions in connection with activation of new customer accounts and enters data on a computer.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma and at least 2 years of customer service experience in a fast paced environment. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience with a Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) is preferred.
- Must be flexible and available to work rotating evenings and on-call on rotating weekends
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications and accounting databases such as Great Plains.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task
The specific duties of the Customer Care Specialist include but are not limited to
- Keeps records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Ensures appropriate actions were taken to promptly resolve customers’ concerns.
- Documents actions taken and provide solutions to possibly avoid future occurrences.
- Contacts customer to respond to inquiries; notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- Refers unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Determines charges for services requested and arrange for billing.
- Completes contract forms, prepares change of address records, and issues consignment orders.
- Qualifies leads and solicits sales of additional products.
- Coordinates with customers on inventory and shipment of product.
- Complies with all company policies, procedures and SOP’s.
- Collaborates effectively with sales and other departments ensuring world-class customer care is consistently achieved.
- Ships marketing materials and literature to requesting parties.
- Supports the customer care department with administrative tasks such as data entry, filing and answering phones.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by Customer Care Director.
We are seeking candidates who are AxoGenic, which means:
- Consistently looks for ways to support all team members’ success.
- Put’s the whole team’s/company’s priorities ahead of individual priorities.
- Involves team members appropriately in decision-making and information-sharing.
- Willing to stand up for his/her beliefs and point of view.
- Consistently recognizes and focuses on the importance of the work we do, despite uncertainties and risk.
- Is optimistic and encouraging in words and actions.
Drive to Results
- Consistently anticipates and finds ways to overcome obstacles to achieving the goals
- Holds himself/herself accountable for taking tasks all the way to completion.
- Can clearly communicate important company goals and what he/she needs to do in order to accomplish them.
- Considers the impact on the customer in every decision.
- Holds himself/herself to high standards of excellence to serve the customer.
- Is seen by the customer as highly responsive in every interaction.
- Demonstrates consideration for others’ ideas and contributions.
- Engages in passionate debate around issues in a positive and constructive way with appropriate language.
- Communicates truthfully, completely and directly with the person or people involved.