AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is focused on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling or the initiation of pain. Injuries to peripheral nerves can significantly impact the patient’s quality of life.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix ("ECM") coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments and Avive™ Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a soft tissue covering to reduce inflammation and scar tissue formation. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AxoTouch™ Two-Point Discriminator and AcroValTM Neurosensory & Motor Testing System. These evaluation and measurement tools assist healthcare professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and several European and international countries.
AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with nerve injuries.
The Clinical Instructor will support AxoGen’s customers and sales force by leading the design, planning, and execution of educational efforts. They will provide technical and scientific expertise to thought leaders, surgeons, and clinicians. The position will report to Medical Affairs, and has active engagement with Commercial, Development, Education and Clinical teams.
- Assess new opportunities to educate customers on relevant topics and present them to committee for budget approval.
- Organize and execute regionalized educational events, including delivery of formal presentations and hands-on microsurgery labs.
- Develop relationships with key opinion leaders, collaborating with them on projects as needed.
- Support technical feasibility programs and development evaluation programs.
- Think creatively and propose new ideas for educational content. Assist in creation and launch of the associated materials.
- Read and critically interpret relevant literature.
- Support the sales force by being a local technical, clinical, and scientific expert.
- Contribute to national educational programs by identifying and developing faculty, providing hands-on instruction to participants, and performing other activities as needed.
- Participate in team meetings to share insights and feedback from customers and sales team.
- Minimum of BS in Life Sciences or Engineering, Advanced degree (MD/PhD/PharmD/DSci preferred)
- 7-10 years experience in one or both of the following areas:
- Nurse, PA, Scrub Technician, OR Assistant
- Medical Device Education
- Track record of developing relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong sense of pride in your work product
- Ability to take ownership in a project and drive it to completion
- Passion for advancing scientific knowledge
- Awareness of the impact of your contributions on your team, the company, collaborators, customers, patients, and society