AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is the only company focused specifically on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. We are passionate about restoring nerve function and quality of life to patients with peripheral nerve injuries by providing innovative, clinically proven and economically effective repair solutions for surgeons and health care providers. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling, or the initiation of pain.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix (ECM) coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments, and Avive® Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a resorbable soft tissue covering to separate tissue layers and modulate inflammation in the surgical bed. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AcroVal® Neurosensory & Motor Testing System and AxoTouch® Two Point Discriminator. These evaluation and measurement tools assist health care professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip, and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and several other European and international countries. AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with peripheral nerve injuries.
The International Area Sales Manager is a key position reporting to the Vice President of International Sales (to be hired) that will be responsible for mulit-account, third-party distributor execution of our revenue plan in the countries we compete in across Europe. As a secondary priority, similar support as required, in countries we compete in across Asia and Latin America. At a high level, this individual will translate the defined global and product strategy to a tactical plan to meet revenue plans. They will develop and maintain strong relationships with key accounts and customers. She/he will achieve sales revenue targets and grow market share by promoting, training distributors, selling and servicing AxoGen’s portfolio of nerve repair products through our distributor partners. To do so, this individual will train and develop distributors in clinical, technical and sales execution activities, driving a culture of sales excellence and gaining “mind share” of the distributor. They will leverage an understanding of the market and distributors’ business to identify how AxoGen’s products provide value-added solutions. They will continuously look to improve product and service offerings to reflect changing business needs. The International Area Sales Manager will develop and lead strategic sales initiatives, such as developing major accounts and leading new product or new market introductions.
Job Responsibilities: The specific duties of the International Area Sales Manager role include but are not limited to:
PLANNING / RESULTS ORIENTATION
Ability to develop, implement and deliver on plans to achieve/exceed sales targets. Plans, actions, and results should include:
- Forecast sales and identify risks and mitigation strategies
- Consistent achievement/overachievement of sales objectives
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Specific targeted accounts/customers in which to maintain and grow business
- Identify competitive accounts in which to establish and promote new business
- Consistent follow-through on all objectives and assignments
- Utilizes metrics and timelines to monitor results
TERRITORY MANAGEMENT / ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT
- Develop and maintain accurate account and territory records
- Develop and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in nerve repair
- Effectively manage time to ensure maximum coverage of targeted accounts within territory in order to achieve optimum level of exposure and results
- Develop and act on plans which identify growth opportunities within current and competitive accounts
- Develop and implement strategies to counter competitors
- Control and mange expenses in the most cost effective manner for the company
- Effectively present, support and manage AxoGen pricing policy and price agreements
- Write monthly management reports to communicate franchise results, issues, solutions and the competitive landscape
- Represent AxoGen at congresses and other trade association meetings
INFLUENCE AND SELLING SKILLS
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Plan, implement and deliver effective sales/product presentations to customers, defining objectives and measuring success
- Probe to understand and confirm customers’ needs, handle objections, and gain commitment by customers on actions to drive revenue growth and maximize profitability
- Maximize revenue potential by targeting specific customers to develop and to drive growth
- Respond to customer requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner
- Educate customers to ensure that products are understood and used effectively
- Maintain high standard of personal presentation and promote a professional image
SELF DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Proactively develop knowledge, skills and abilities in all relevant areas; e.g., clinical, technical, product and sales skills
- Recognize, understand, and be able to communicate features, strengths, benefits and value proposition AxoGen products provide
- Participate in product and skill development programs and activities such as classroom education, role playing, on-the-job training, and other relevant activities that assist in the development of the team and yourself
- Ensure that all potential Code of Conduct issues are reported through the appropriate channels
- Adherence with all company policies and procedures; Sunshine Act, AdvaMed, Country specific requirements, etc.,
- Compliance with all relevant clinical and regulatory body guidelines
- Adherence to customer account policies and procedures where applicable
- Compliance with all safety standards, policies and regulations
- Compliance with all other standards, policies and legal requirements related to this position
Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years sales experience in medical sales
- Operating Room sales experience
- Medical Device experience preferred
- Demonstrated high level of sales performance in a highly technical, competitive, and volatile environment
- Ability to create innovative ideas when working with limited resources
- Comfortable in establishing new relationships
- Comfortable at working in undefined and ambiguous situations
- Ability to travel up to 90% internationally
- Demonstrated skills in account, inventory, expense, and budget management
- Demonstrated skills in sales planning, organization and execution
- Consistent success working in a variety of business conditions
- Ability to teach and educate medical personnel, peers, and technical support personnel
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative environment
- Continual self-development
- Computer (PC) literacy
- Strong presentation skills with detailed technical content ability
We are seeking candidates that will complement our company culture:
- Patient safety is our first priority.
- Respect is the foundation for communication and action.
- In being effective stewards of the gift of human tissue.
- In creating and maintaining a company culture that encourages and rewards honesty, openness, passionate debate – and fun!
- Individual ownership and empowerment lead to superior team results.
- The organization, its members and partners must consistently achieve agreed upon results with flexibility and mutual support
- Speed is critical!
Location: Alachua (Gainesville), FL
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus commission
Training: Extensive training on nerve repair, market and professional education support will be provided to successful candidate
Application: Qualified candidates should submit to HR@AxoGenInc.com their
(2) Cover letter; and
(3) Salary requirements