AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is the only company focused specifically on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. We are passionate about restoring nerve function and quality of life to patients with peripheral nerve injuries by providing innovative, clinically proven and economically effective repair solutions for surgeons and health care providers. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling, or the initiation of pain.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix (ECM) coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments, and Avive® Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a resorbable soft tissue covering to separate tissue layers and modulate inflammation in the surgical bed. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AcroVal® Neurosensory & Motor Testing System and AxoTouch® Two-Point Discriminator. These evaluation and measurement tools assist health care professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip, and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and several other European and international countries.
AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with peripheral nerve injuries.
Responsible for collaborating with leadership, sales and marketing management to recommend, design and implement the company’s short and long term product reimbursement strategies to meet the company’s financial and strategic goals by
obtaining timely coding, coverage and payment for the company’s product portfolio. Proactively oversee the reimbursement, consultants, and/or other assigned resources, to ensure all aspects pertinent to product reimbursement are achieved and maintained facilitating broad market access. Self-motivated to independently “drive” projects to completion in accordance with current company objectives. Highly ethical, self-aware and positive individual capable cross functional motivation to accomplish company goals.
The Reimbursement, Healthcare Economics and Policy role is a key position reporting to the Vice President of Marketing that will have responsibility to set a culture for innovative Reimbursement planning, policy and methodologies in a compliant manner to drive favorable patient access for AxoGen products in the US Market predominately. Provide strategic and technical insight into complex and evolving public and private payer market, including such factors as Healthcare Reform. The director will play a key role in setting pre- launch reimbursement strategy and plans to continue to shape existing policies and plans whilst being cognizant of the changing macro payer environment
Job Responsibilities: The specific duties of the Reimbursement, Healthcare Economics and Policy Role include but are not limited to
- Become the owner and internal advocate for the company’s Reimbursement, Healthcare Economics & Policy Strategy
- Defines health economics, health policy and reimbursement strategies in major global markets to facilitate market access and optimize demand for current product portfolio
- Determines evidence strategy to ensure appropriate clinical data will support strategy
- Can define a reimbursement pathway for future products and life cycle management of existing by identifying potential risks and mitigation strategies
- Works closely with Reimbursement Consultants to efficiently manage the attainment of Coding, Coverage and Payment for each product
- Creates actionable plans to enable successful patient access aligned with targeted business goals.
- Can deliver effective robust and credible presentation to reimbursement stakeholders, agencies and/or payors
- Experience building Budget Impact Models and Value Proposition to drive economic value to key stakeholders
- Is familiar with the principles of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) and Management (HTM)
- Ensures compliance of evidence based medicine and sound principles for economic assessment
- Maintains relevant relationships with key opinion leaders and stakeholders
- Monitors U.S. federal policies, guidance, regulations relating to policy and reimbursement issues, and effectively communicates complex matters to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensures records of filings and approvals are maintained
- Creates and manages budget
- Conducts all activities in compliance with industry and company ethical guidelines
- Build relationships with the key market influencers and identify potential opportunities for collaboration.
- Manages reimbursement programs to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Develops content for use with internal/external customers on Reimbursement topics
- Assist in the development and execution of comparative effectiveness research/outcomes studies to reinforce product value for economic stakeholders
- Seen as the technical expert in government and commercial payer reimbursement programs
- Responsible for developing and deploying strategic reimbursement methodologies to ensure market access for new products, emerging technologies and to optimize life cycle management for our portfolio
- Determines evidence strategy to ensure appropriate clinical data will support strategy
- Collaborates with Marketing colleagues to define the Value Proposition for key products
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor degree. MBA is strongly preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience working in Health Economics, Public Affairs, particularly policy, coverage and reimbursement
- Experience working with healthcare finance public policy, including a thorough understanding of reimbursement systems for Medical Devices and Biologics
- Ideally has existing relationships with medical directors through strong networking
- Experience working with or for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and/or other government healthcare agencies
- Experience with Private or Commercial Insurance Providers
- Has created health economics models to show compelling cost information to payers worldwide
- Able to make decisions in the face of imperfect data and create performance measures to “course correct” as the market moves
- Able to enroll others in a vision and strategic plan, influence and effectively implement
- Experience designing and executing market research
- Orientation towards delivering on goals and being part of fast-moving, collaborative team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate, influence and work with others in a dynamic, matrix environment
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills with various levels of management and demonstrate the ability to manage differences and needs between multiple stakeholders.
- Willing and able to travel domestically, up to 50% of the time to respond to the needs of the customers and organization.
We are seeking candidates that will complement our company culture:
- Patient safety is our first priority.
- Respect is the foundation for communication and action.
- In being effective stewards of the gift of human tissue.
- In creating and maintaining a company culture that encourages and rewards honesty, openness, passionate debate – and fun!
- Individual ownership and empowerment lead to superior team results.
- The organization, its members and partners must consistently achieve agreed upon results with flexibility and mutual support.
- Speed is critical!
Location: Alachua (Gainesville), FL
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus annual bonus and equity
Training: Extensive training on nerve repair, market and professional education support will be provided to successful candidate
Application: Qualified candidates should submit to HR@AxoGenInc.com their
(2) Cover letter; and
(3) Salary requirements