AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is focused on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling or the initiation of pain. Injuries to peripheral nerves can significantly impact the patient’s quality of life.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix ("ECM") coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments and Avive™ Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a soft tissue covering to reduce inflammation and scar tissue formation. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AxoTouch™ Two-Point Discriminator and AcroValTM Neurosensory & Motor Testing System. These evaluation and measurement tools assist healthcare professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and several European and international countries.
AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with nerve injuries.
The A/R and Accounting Specialist deals with the invoicing and collection of accounts receivable, as well as developing the Open Payment report for 2017 and beyond. This position researches and resolves payment discrepancies and follows up with customers who have overdue accounts. The Specialist will also coordinate inputs and resolve discrepancies In the MediSpend Compliance System by working with the Professional Education, Product Development, Clinical, Sales, and Finance Departments.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent, AA degree preferred
- At least 2 years of accounts receivable experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Microsoft Great Plains experience desired
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
The specific duties of the A/R and Accounting Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Generate and distribute customer invoicing
- Ensure accurate application of payments received
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Monitor and follow up on overdue accounts
- Assist audit by providing supporting documentation
- Assist with customer invoicing questions
- Maintain customer billing contact information
- Research sales business guest information to ensure that health care professionals are properly entered into MediSpend
- Review Concur data for spend data to input into MediSpend
- Work with various departments to obtain data to input into MediSpend, as needed
- Coordinate with departments to ensure year data is on time and accurate
We are seeking candidates who are AxoGenic, which means:
- Respect is the foundation for communication and action.
- Patient safety is our first priority.
- In being effective stewards of the gift of human tissue.
- In creating and maintaining a company culture that encourages and rewards honesty, openness, passionate debate – and fun!
- Individual ownership and empowerment lead to superior team results.
- The organization, its members and partners must consistently achieve agreed upon results with flexibility and mutual support.
- Speed is critical!