Axoguard® Nerve Cap
Axoguard Nerve Cap provides protection for a peripheral nerve end or stump where repair is unattainable or not desired. Its proprietary bifurcation provides the nerve adequate space to exhaust subsequent nerve outgrowth.1 The Axoguard porcine small intestine submucosa (SIS) matrix isolates and protects the nerve end from surrounding tissue, neurotrophic factors and mechanical stimulation.
- To Order
contact Axogen customer care:
axoguard nerve cap can be used to:
- Reduce development of painful neuroma
- Offer alternative to muscle-burying technique in anatomical areas with limited or no musculature
- Isolate nerve end or stump from mechanical stimulation and reduce exposure to neurotrophic factors
axoguard nerve cap has the following key advantages:
- Reduces development of symptomatic or painful neuroma formation
- Internal bifurcation is a suitable length to exhaust subsequent nerve outgrowth
- End tab allows for suture placement to anchor the device to surrounding tissue, away from the surgical incision and mechanical stimulation
indications for use
Axoguard Nerve Cap is indicated to protect a peripheral nerve end and to separate the nerve from the surrounding environment to reduce the development of symptomatic or painful neuroma.
This device is derived from a porcine source and should not be used for patients with known sensitivity to porcine materials. The device should not be implanted directly under the skin.
1. Patent pending.