AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is focused on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling or the initiation of pain. Injuries to peripheral nerves can significantly impact the patient’s quality of life.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix ("ECM") coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments and Avive™ Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a soft tissue covering to reduce inflammation and scar tissue formation. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AxoTouch™ Two-Point Discriminator and AcroValTM Neurosensory & Motor Testing System. These evaluation and measurement tools assist healthcare professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and several European and international countries.
AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with nerve injuries.
This position utilizes inventory management, team building and exceptional customer service skills. Extensive knowledge to execute and influence sales team in the area of, shipping requests, return of inventory and by possessing a broad knowledge of AxoGen products, policies and procedures. The Sr. Customer Care Specialist provides leadership and support for Customer Care staff during the absence of the Director of Customer Care and Sales Operations. It requires expertise in handling internal and external customer inquiries, concerns and inputs direct sales orders with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism.
The Sr. Customer Care Specialist will coordinate customer interactions in a professional manner that positively represents AxoGen. The Sr. Customer Care Specialist provides support and leadership to Customer Care Specialists, in the absence of the Director of Customer Care and Sales Operations. Supports the Customer Care department with administrative tasks such as; data entry, filing and answering phones. Information is provided about products, services and includes obtaining details of complaints in accordance with established regulations and procedures. Requires knowledge and ability to execute inventory strategies with all AxoGen customers and sales team members. Must be results oriented with the ability to multi-task and a readiness to adapt to changing company needs.
The specific duties of the Sr. Customer Care Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Provides training to newly hired Customer Care employees
- Provides training to newly hired AxoGen Sales Representatives, both in classroom and while in the field
- Provides support to sales team in managing territories, creating Value Analysis Committee packets, completing required forms and providing follow-up on submissions
- Provides support to sales team in managing territories, creating and providing guidance with pricing, consignment and purchasing contracts
- Provides guidance and expertise to the Customer Care team daily
- Implement and manage inventory levels with the sales team on the invoicing and/or return of case stock in the field within the allowed timeframe
- Assist the Inventory Specialist with consignment cycle count process in accordance with AxoGen process and procedures. Coordinates with the finance department all reconciliation inventory adjustments
- Acts as a lead for the Customer Care department when Director of Customer Care and Sales Operations is unavailable
- Researches and resolves any customer discrepancies in a timely manner
- Demonstrates excellent decision making skills and is a role model for others
- Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
- Works as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that are important to area/process improvement
- Uses appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department concerns
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken
- Ensure appropriate actions are taken to promptly resolve customers’ concerns. Document actions taken and provide solutions to possibly avoid future occurrences
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and SOP’s
- Collaborate effectively with sales and other departments ensuring world class customer care is consistently achieved
- This position allows for continued development in the area of reporting, analysis and leadership skills
- Perform the work of customer care staff as needed to accomplish work goals
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Director of Customer Care and Sales Operations
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred or equivalent experience
- Three years of Customer Service experience in a fast paced environment
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to effectively work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge and background on inventory functions
- 1-2 years inventory management, preferably in medical device environment
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends