AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is focused on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling or the initiation of pain. Injuries to peripheral nerves can significantly impact the patient’s quality of life.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix ("ECM") coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments and Avive™ Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a soft tissue covering to reduce inflammation and scar tissue formation. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AxoTouch™ Two-Point Discriminator and AcroValTM Neurosensory & Motor Testing System. These evaluation and measurement tools assist healthcare professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and several European and international countries.
AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with nerve injuries.
The Manager Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for the company’s operating model, preparing the financial and operating reports for budgeting and monthly forecasting and analysis for AxoGen. This includes assuring accuracy of reports, variance analysis, and financial modeling. The position will also work closely with the accounting team and the Leadership Team to develop, enhance and maintain our annual budget process and system. This position always works to provide actionable analysis and technical financial support. This role will also support the company’s long term strategic planning process, including close interaction with market and product development teams in support of their business models. This role will also support the company’s investor relations activities, and will have close interaction with senior management.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- MBA preferred.
- At least 8 years of financial planning experience with progressively increasing responsibilities in a manufacturing growth company.
- Relevant medical device experience a strong plus.
- Expert level proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated understanding of data warehousing and reporting tools and structures
- Sound understand of GAAP accounting principles.
- Strong business acumen and judgment as well as understanding of relevant business environment.
- Ability to effectively influence and drive consensus with diverse stakeholders; demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities. Strong negotiation, interpersonal communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
The specific duties of the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis include but are not limited to:
- Develop accurate and timely financial plans/forecasts using knowledge of the business units operational needs
- Prepare detail variance analysis (actual results compared to Plan/Forecast)
- Identification of opportunities and risks and recommend course of action
- Assist in evaluating new initiative business proposal documents (revenue projections, expense projections, capital expenditures, net present value, etc.)
- Create presentations/reports to be delivered by the CFO, CEO and other members of the senior management team to a wide-range of audiences including internal managers, investors, and board of directors
- Act as a liaison between Finance and senior management to gather information, resolve and recommend solutions to problems, issues, and concerns and research/ answer questions
- Manage the administration of the financial planning system
- Report on key performance metrics and trends, providing meaningful commentary and business recommendations
- Ad hoc reporting as business needs arise
- Excellent communication skills are essential as this position interfaces with all levels of management and employees. The incumbent has to anticipate and identify business trends and unearth business financial issues that challenge profit objectives, analyze them, communicate them, and drive management action
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise discretion (maintain confidentiality around sensitive topics) and use independent judgment, make decisions, and possess strong analytical skills
- Ability to independently gather data, interpret and perform research and analysis in support of company inquiries
- Ability to model concepts and to manipulate and enhance the forecasting efforts to accommodate new processes, procedures, products, services, etc.
- Seasoned in working with cross functional individuals in building the forecast and plan, and analyzing actual financial performance and it’s implication for the business
We are seeking candidates who are AxoGenic, which means:
- Respect is the foundation for communication and action.
- Patient safety is our first priority.
- In being effective stewards of the gift of human tissue.
- In creating and maintaining a company culture that encourages and rewards honesty, openness, passionate debate – and fun!
- Individual ownership and empowerment lead to superior team results.
- The organization, its members and partners must consistently achieve agreed upon results with flexibility and mutual support.
- Speed is critical!