AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is focused on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling or the initiation of pain. Injuries to peripheral nerves can significantly impact the patient’s quality of life.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix ("ECM") coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments and Avive™ Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a soft tissue covering to reduce inflammation and scar tissue formation. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AxoTouch™ Two-Point Discriminator and AcroValTM Neurosensory & Motor Testing System. These evaluation and measurement tools assist healthcare professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and several European and international countries.
AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with nerve injuries.
Utilizes inventory management skills and knowledge to execute and influence field and distribution center stocking strategies. Provide support to the field sales staff in the areas of inventory and obsolescence management by possessing a broad knowledge of AxoGen’s products and policies. Supports order management operations and contributes to order management goals. Requires knowledge and ability to execute inventory strategies with all AxoGen customers. Executes field cycle counts and manages inventory targets.
Facilitate open communication channels by conveying inventory strategies and marketplace demand based on feedback from the field. Independent decision-making and minimal supervision are the norm. Will be required to provide support and leadership to the order management team. Must be results oriented with the ability to multi-task and a readiness to adapt to changing field and departmental needs.
The Inventory Specialist requires the ability to analyze inventory numbers, utilize strong communication skills, manage AxoGen’s cycle count process, and influence inventory stocking level strategies with the field.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance/Operations or other relevant field
- 2-3 years Customer Service experience
- Knowledge and background on inventory functions
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
- Must be flexible and available to work rotating evenings and on-call on rotating weekends
- Must be available for travel to customer and sales staff locations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Must be detailed oriented and make sound decisions
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications and accounting databases such as Great Plains.
The specific duties of the Inventory Specialist include but are not limited to
- Implement and manage inventory levels at each unique model number and field location based on statistical data and input from sales rep
- Identify and execute initiatives with the field to proactively move slow moving, short-dated, or expired inventory. Includes partnering with field and finance to align annual OPC allotment targets. Includes partnering with Distribution Center to execute on business definitions for scrap and obsolete inventory.
- Define and manage the field cycle count process in accordance with AxoGen auditing requirements.
- Quarterly audit of field cycle count adjustments
- Manage the process of establishing new trunk stocks and disposition inventories based on sales structure changes.
- Review consignment levels quarterly and recommend adjustments (push-pull) to consignment levels in the field.
- Leads the team in executing short date and expired inventory SOPs and work instructions. The Inventory Coordinator is ultimately responsible for ensuring that expired product goals are met in their team.
- Communicate Marketing and inventory strategies to the field based on direction from the Supply Chain Manager
- Monitor and understand ongoing operational reports, including executing, and modifying regional inventory reports.
- Provide leadership and communicate issues to the inventory and order management teams.
- Manage allocation adjustments by having a basic understanding of product reservation
- Partners with Operations leadership and Customer Care and Sales Operations Director to execute field actions, when necessary.
- Communicates the inventory demands from the field to the Operations leadership and Customer Care and Sales Operations Director
- Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
- Coordinates with external audit team on inventory requests, as needed
- Works as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that are important to inventory process improvement
- Perform the work of customer care staff as needed to accomplish work goals
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Director of Customer Care and Sales Operations
- Acts as a lead for the Customer Care department when Director of Customer Care and Sales Operations and/or Sr. Customer Care Specialist is unavailable
We are seeking candidates who are AxoGenic, which means:
- Consistently looks for ways to support all team members’ success.
- Put’s the whole team’s/company’s priorities ahead of individual priorities.
- Involves team members appropriately in decision-making and information-sharing.
- Willing to stand up for his/her beliefs and point of view.
- Consistently recognizes and focuses on the importance of the work we do, despite uncertainties and risk.
- Is optimistic and encouraging in words and actions.
Drive to Results
- Consistently anticipates and finds ways to overcome obstacles to achieving the goals
- Holds himself/herself accountable for taking tasks all the way to completion.
- Can clearly communicate important company goals and what he/she needs to do in order to accomplish them.
- Considers the impact on the customer in every decision.
- Holds himself/herself to high standards of excellence to serve the customer.
- Is seen by the customer as highly responsive in every interaction.
- Demonstrates consideration for others’ ideas and contributions.
- Engages in passionate debate around issues in a positive and constructive way with appropriate language.
- Communicates truthfully, completely and directly with the person or people involved.