AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is focused on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling or the initiation of pain. Injuries to peripheral nerves can significantly impact the patient's quality of life.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix ("ECM") coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments and Avive™ Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a soft tissue covering to reduce inflammation and scar tissue formation. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AxoTouch™ Two-Point Discriminator and AcroValTM Neurosensory & Motor Testing System. These evaluation and measurement tools assist healthcare professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and several European and international countries.
AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with nerve injuries.
The Clinical Education Specialist will support AxoGen's customers and sales force by leading the design, planning and execution of regional education programs. This Clinical Specialist will reside and travel in the eastern portion of the U.S. They will provide technical and scientific expertise to thought leaders, surgeons, and clinicians. The position will report to the Director of Medical Education and will collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Clinical Research.
- Lead strategic collaboration with Medical Education and Sales Leadership to identify, plan, and organize regional educational events
- Develop and execute on regularly updated business plans to help drive adoption in residency and fellowship programs
- Provide hands-on as well as didactic training to various customers as it relates to therapeutic indications, current clinical trends, and scientific publications
- Serve as course instructor, or collaborate with surgeons to provide a peer-to-peer educational experience
- Identify, develop and manage Key Opinion Leaders while ensuring that legal, regulatory, and compliance policies are met
- Create and execute creative and impactful initiatives to leverage education for accelerating the adoption cycle. This includes the development of project plans, budget, and metrics to track success.
- Read, review, understand, and articulate scientific literature to further the understanding of others
- Support national educational programs by identifying and developing faculty, providing hands-on instructions to participants, and performing other activities as needed
- Support the sales force by being a local technical, clinical, and scientific expert
- Serve as cross-functional leader role in launches of new products and new applications through collaboration with Marketing, Sales, Product Development, and Key Opinion Leaders
Educational Requirements / Qualifications
- Minimum of BS in Life Sciences or Engineering
- At least 3-5 years' experience required in one or both of the following areas
- Nurse, PA, Scrub Technician, OR Assistant
- Medical Device Education, Sales, or Marketing
- Strong clinical aptitude and technical presentation skills, with a passion for advancing scientific knowledge
- Track record of developing relationships with internal and external customers, including Key Opinion Leaders and Medical Doctors
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Ability to take ownership on a project and drive it from start to finish.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel 60% of the time, which will include weekends
- Awareness of the impact of your contributions on your team, the company, collaborators, customers, physicians, and patients.
We are seeking candidates who are AxoGenic, which means:
- Respect is the foundation for communication and action.
- Patient safety is our first priority.
- In being effective stewards of the gift of human tissue.
- In creating and maintaining a company culture that encourages and rewards honesty, openness, passionate debate - and fun!
- Individual ownership and empowerment lead to superior team results.
- The organization, its members and partners must consistently achieve agreed upon results with flexibility and mutual support.
- Speed is critical!