AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is focused on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling or the initiation of pain. Injuries to peripheral nerves can significantly impact the patient’s quality of life.
AxoGen's portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix ("ECM") coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments and Avive™ Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a soft tissue covering to reduce inflammation and scar tissue formation. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AxoTouch™ Two-Point Discriminator and AcroValTM Neurosensory & Motor Testing System. These evaluation and measurement tools assist healthcare professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and several European and international countries.
AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with nerve injuries.
The Supply Chain Manager will lead efforts for inventory management, planning, and forecasting for both purchased and manufactured/processed products.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications
- BS degree in business, supply chain, procurement, finance or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in supply chain management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are a must.
- Management and leadership skills with ability to develop technical and business skills in others.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong contract management expertise
- Advanced PC skills
- Supply Chain Management or APIC certification preferred.
- Medical Device and/or biotech experience preferred
- Sourcing experience preferred
Primary Responsibilities: The specific duties of the Supply Chain Manager include but are not limited to
- Devise and execute Supply Chain Planning strategy and collaborate with Marketing, Finance, and Purchasing to develop plans and reporting, both long-term and short-term, to optimize costs while maintaining world class customer service levels
- Direct responsibility for and improving upon performance in forecasting, inventory levels, service levels, inventory turns, and E&O expense for entire supply chain
- Planning inventory requirements for builds and purchased products using business analytics to ensure the most efficient use of company resources.
- Build and maintain communication channels among all groups associated with the Supply Chain through information sharing, thought leadership, and tactical and strategic planning
We are seeking candidates who are AxoGenic, which means:
- Respect is the foundation for communication and action.
- Patient safety is our first priority.
- In being effective stewards of the gift of human tissue.
- In creating and maintaining a company culture that encourages and rewards honesty, openness, passionate debate – and fun!
- Individual ownership and empowerment lead to superior team results.
- The organization, its members and partners must consistently achieve agreed upon results with flexibility and mutual support.
- Speed is critical!